Remember, the Annual Christmas Party is tomorrow morning, 8:30-10am!
We look forward to seeing you at St. Giles!
5200 Grove Ave., RVA 23226
Calling all past and present CTG members! Join us for the Annual Christmas Party at St. Giles from 8:30-10am.
We look forward to celebrating the season with you!
Position Title: Conference Coordinator
Accountability: Reports to CEO
The Conference Coordinator serves as the primary event and volunteer coordinator for the ONE Abolition Conference, hosted by the Richmond Justice Initiative. Responsibilities include:
- Manage the online volunteer registration process and communicate with volunteers and non-profit organizations to ensure proper volunteer support throughout the event.
- Coordinate with event planning team on their roles and responsibilities. Secure Church Sponsorships and partnerships.
- Manage and coordinate the days of the event including ensuring volunteers are equipped and in position, speakers are informed and taken care of, lunches and coffee are taken care of and vendor tables are set up.
- Work with Heart of Missouri United Way staff to develop and manage a cash management system to ensure donations are collected and distributed effectively.
- Serve on committees related to the event and communicate with partners participating in planning efforts.
The Special Event Coordinator will be required to work the following dates and times: May 1st and 2nd (Anticipated dates of the conference, subject to change)
Additional time commitments will include attending staff meetings, coordinating and leading conference calls with event committee, meeting with vendors, event space coordinators and churches.
Most of the work can be completed from home, but Conference Coordinator will have office space provided as needed.
Compensation: The Conference Coordinator will be provided a contractual stipend for the management of the event based on qualifications and experience..
- Strong project management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Experience working with a staff team or volunteers. Volunteer management experience preferred.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and integrity required.
- Proficiency in attending to detail with ability to organize, prioritize and effectively contribute within team setting.
- Microsoft Office and Excel skills and experience required.
Please email resumes to: Info@rvaji.com
The Diocese of Virginia seeks a part-time benefits administrator to join our team and handle insurance benefits and processes. The Diocese of Virginia is an equal opportunity employer that actively seeks diverse fields of candidates to fill staff vacancies.
Reports to: Treasurer
Part-time Position: 20-30 hours/week
Benefits: Health and dental insurance, generous pension and paid vacation
- Experience with insurance (medical, dental, life and disability) products required, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Database experience required.
- Completely comfortable using advance features of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Access, Outlook and Word.
- Working basic knowledge of accounting helpful.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability and desire to work within a close-knit team of professionals.
The Benefits Administrator:
- Handles all aspects of enrollment and changes for health and dental insurance in the vendor systems and communicates changes for these coverages with enrollees and churches/organizations throughout the Diocese.
- Prepares invoices for churches and institutions monthly; works to ensure payments for insurance are processed and applied appropriately.
- Reviews and approves monthly medical and dental invoices from vendors and reconciles to ensure that changes have been appropriately applied.
- Supports the open enrollment process annually in October/November.
- Initiates enrollments and process all changes for life and disability insurance in vendor systems.
- Assists our churches/organizations in the use of Church Pension Fund’s Employee Roster.
- Along with the treasurer and financial administrator, maintains and updates the Church Pension Fund’s Institutional Roster.
- Attends and assists at diocesan functions as needed.
- Assists the treasurer and financial administrator with other duties as assigned.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and three references to the Rev. Deacon Ed Jones at email@example.com. by December 5.
The Family Foundation of Virginia is a faith-based, non-profit organization that is associated nationally with Focus on the Family, Family Research Council, and Alliance Defending Freedom but is supported by Virginia individuals, businesses, and churches. The Family Foundation of Virginia was established in 1985 and is one of the nearly 40 self-governed state family policy councils. Our mission is to empower Virginia families by applying a biblical worldview and founding principles to culture and public policy.
Primary Responsibilities: The Business Operations Coordinator is primarily responsible to assist the Vice President of Business Operations and HR in all financial and administrative activities necessary to ensure that The Family Foundation can perform, finance and meaningfully expand its mission. This is a very rewarding position for a low-mid level operations person interested in the political arena and supporting the strong pro-family movement in Virginia. A competitive salary, benefits and parking are offered plus a pleasant, professional work environment, located in downtown Richmond two blocks from the Capitol.
- Strong work ethic
- Spiritual maturity and a biblical worldview (agreement with TFF’s statement of faith and principles)
- Ability to multi-task, work well both independently and as part of a team
- Must be detail oriented
- Proficiency required in Microsoft Office suite, Gmail, and Internet
- Experience with database queries and maintenance necessary; proficiency with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Excellent oral communication skills required
- Ensure data remains consistent across the database
- Assist users to access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs
- Handle data security and recovery control (ensure all data is retrievable in an emergency)
- Create new users, manage user permissions and maintain all usernames and passwords
- Run monthly maintenance and periodic clean-up of tables, queries and exports
- Serve as resource to teammates for complex queries, exports and any issues that require support from Blackbaud
- Log donor support and event record keeping
- Analyze donor profiles to improve fundraising capabilities
- Strategize grassroots database usage and increase program targeting through data screening
- Process gift acknowledgements and invoices
- Update constituent information in database, maintain return addresses for Pastors For Family Values and donors
- Administer the Advisory Council donor recognition program
- Produce monthly Advisory Council membership list
- Identify new members each month; produce/send welcome letters
- Produce/send monthly Advisory Council mailing
- Identify expiring Advisory Council memberships; produce/send renewal letters
- Identify prospective Advisory Council members; produce/send a marketing letter, in conjunction with the Development department
- Produce/send invitations to the annual Commonwealth Prayer Breakfast and the Advisory Council Briefing and Reception (ACBR)
- Coordinate all logistics for ACBR
- Ensure all mailings, event participations are accurately recorded in Raiser’s Edge
- Produce Donor Financial Communications
- Produce year-end tax statements
- Produce/send monthly invoices on open pledges and non-automated recurring gifts
- Process/send thank you letters
- Update preferences based on donor communication
- Open and distribute mail; make copies of checks and reply forms
- Enter daily contributions in Raiser’s Edge
- Produce/send monthly direct mail appeal
- Assist in providing constituent services: handle requests, answer phone
- Purchase office supplies, furniture, etc.
General Technology Duties
- Oversee organization’s IT systems (computers, server, network)
- Equipment maintenance: phone, Xerox and risograph maintenance, training and supplies
- New employee technology set up and orientation
- Outsource difficult IT problems
- Maintain technology side of in-house website (currently Word Press)
Position reports to Dale Oostdyk, Vice President of Business Operations and HR
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for delivery drivers in the West End. They would pick up food a delivery kitchen M thru F around 4. Should be finished by 6:45. Need to have reliable transportation and submit to a background check.
If you are interested, please contact Kelli Smith, 922-7835.