Verisk Health (VH) is an innovative, dynamic technology company providing a comprehensive suite of analytic products and data management services to all segments of the health care industry. Our applications provide customers with information and knowledge in the areas of quality assessment and management, risk identification, financial analysis, clinical guidelines adherence, performance measurement, regulatory reporting, outcomes management, provider profiling, predictive modeling, and several other utilities critical in understanding and managing health care quality, costs and risks. Our customers include insurance companies, health plans, third-party administrators (TPAs), self-insured employers, disease management organizations, consultants, insurance brokers, hospitals, and provider groups. In addition to providing flexible, state-of-the-art software systems delivered through an application service provider (ASP) model, VH prides itself on its deep clinical focus, with physicians serving in several leadership and management positions within the company. We are a global business headquartered in Waltham, MA, and have several office locations in the US and internationally. Verisk Health is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Verisk Analytics, Inc. (NASDAQ: VRSK), a global provider of data, analytics and risk management solutions to companies and professionals in multiple industries. With nearly a billion dollars in annual revenues Verisk Analytics, provides VH with the stability and resources needed to quickly and efficiently capitalize on market opportunities in the dynamic health care industry.
We are looking for a Technical Writer/Trainer in Richmond, VA
Verisk Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Knowledge of tools such as Microsoft Word, Visio and PowerPoint; Adobe Photoshop or SnagIt, Adobe Acrobat, Captivate or Articulate.
- Demonstrated knowledge of training methods and best practices for user training on application software including thorough understanding of training techniques.
- Experience developing content and managing learning management system and content management system
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines and quality standards.
- Ability to explain complex concepts clearly, to both technical and non-technical audiences in multiple situational settings.
- Design the user’s navigator path(s) within training experiences (face-to-face, webinar, and online).
- Manage multiple tasks and deliverables within strict scheduling requirements against strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, but also to communicate and collaborate with others to meet desired outcomes.
- Familiarity or experience creating documentation for commercial software in an agile development environment is a plus.
- Experience documenting enterprise and web-based software for multiple concurrent audiences, including end-users and administrators.
- Ability to incorporate the most effective, leading-edge instructional approaches in a cost
- Strong interest and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree in the area of adult training and education, instructional design, communications, or related fields.
- Experience demoing software products to internal stakeholders as well as clients/potential clients
- Years of experience: 1-3
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Documenting system user guides, internal wikis, quick reference guides, release notes, and job aides
- Developing templates for system training materials based on the training strategy
- Network and partner with internal and external stakeholders and SMEs to provide strategic instructional design to meet product and contractual requirements
- Validating the effectiveness of training materials to meet project or training objectives
- Developing additional system support materials such as FAQs and brown bag lunch sessions
- Delivering specific application training based on user needs analysis
- Excellent organization, communication and presentation skills
- Conceptual and strategic thinker, team player, excellent communication skills with clients and coworkers
- Experience implementing technical user knowledge and skills transfer
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual performance plan
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned
- Provide onsite support and training when needed
- Build and deliver train the trainer sessions
- Work with and help maintain core new hire training components
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation
APPLY ONLINE: https://careers.verisk.com/viewjob.html?erjob=2622
For more information about Verisk’s other job openings: