SMALL TRANSIT VEHICLE OPERATORS
Starting Wage: $13.37 per hour
Closes: January 18, 2013
GRTC Transit System is currently seeking drivers, at least 21 years of age, with excellent customer service skills. Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency certification required. Candidates must have a Virginia CDL Class B Learner’s Permit with a Passenger Endorsement and Air Brake qualification. Successful completion of a background check, DOT Physical and drug test is required.
WHO MAY APPLY
This position is open to all GRTC employees and the general public.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates may apply online at www.ridegrtc.com. A recent, DMV issued driver’s record will be required.
After completing our training program, the schedule could entail working weekends and evening shifts. This position is eligible for overtime
STARTING WAGES AND BENEFITS
The hourly wage is $13.37 plus a uniform and shoe allowance. The company provides a generous pension contribution and offers a rich benefit package.
Responsibilities: Drives Small Transit Vehicles to transport passengers over specified routes to local or distant points according to time schedule while performing safe and courteous service to the public.
• Maintains transport schedule
• Collects fares
• Provides high level of service while operating bus under a variety of conditions
• Regulates heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort
• Maintains a professional appearance at all times
• Complies with local traffic regulations (Reports delays or accidents)
• Responsible for effectively dealing with difficult customers and situations
• Must be able to communicate effectively by using both written and verbal skills
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time
• 20/20 vision or corrected lenses required
• Infrequent lifting and twisting required
• Must be able to work in all changes in weather conditions.